Superb recipe for chocolate and almond macaroon
Chocolate macarons recipe: discover the ingredients and preparation steps.
Superb recipe for chocolate and almond macaroonCourse: Desert, Food recipe
- For the biscuits:
3 eggs (to collect 200 g of egg whites)
94g ground almonds
150g icing sugar
19g caster sugar
- For the chocolate ganache:
3/8 orange (untreated to recover 5 cl of juice and zest)
19g liquid cream
37.5g dark chocolate in small pieces (or grated)
3/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg
- For the cookies: separate the whites from the yolks (Keep the yolks to do something else). Warning, it is preferable that the whites are at room temperature!
- Weigh the whites and adjust the other ingredients in proportion.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff (firm, but not too much). At the end, add the powdered sugar and continue to whisk for 30 seconds.
- Sift together the ground almonds, icing sugar and cocoa; mix well.
- Gradually add the almond powder / icing sugar / cocoa powder mixture to the white, mixing gently with a spatula until you obtain a homogeneous, smooth and shiny paste.
- Place small (round) piles of dough on a sheet of baking paper placed on a baking sheet, either using a pastry bag or with 2 teaspoons.
- Try to make piles of the same size! The macaroons will spread out slightly so they should be placed in staggered rows and a little apart from each other. Count about 1 plate per egg white.
- Leave to rest for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (thermostat 5-6).
- Ideally, place the macaroon sheets to bake on 2 empty and already hot baking sheets (while the oven is preheating), this helps to “sear” the macaroons.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling which must cool before using …
- Each plate should cook between 10 and 15 minutes depending on the oven. The best is to check the doneness after 10 min: the crust should be firm but the macaroon should still be soft inside.
- To facilitate the stain removal of macaroons, 2 possibilities: 1) Run a little cold water between the baking sheet and the sheet of baking paper (tilting the baking sheet over the sink), being careful not to wet the macaroons! or 2) Place the plate on a cold surface (eg tiles), being careful not to step on it!
- For the ganache: boil the cream with the orange juice.
- Off the heat, add the grated chocolate or cut into small pieces and mix well until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon (between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon) and a tiny bit of nutmeg.
- Mix well, transfer to a cold container and let cool before putting in the fridge (not too long, it should not harden too much).
- To assemble the macaroons: mix the ganache a little to soften it.
- With a small spoon, place a little ganache on one of the two half-macaroons
- Assemble the cookies in pairs, of the same size and shape.
- Assemble the macaroon, rotating the cookies on top of each other to stick together and distribute the ganache evenly.
- Keep the macaroons in the fridge.
- Much easier than it looks …